The Tennis Courts and Italian Gardens approx 1926 with the castle in the background.
Italian Gardens c1965 Reproduced courtesy of Francis Frith.
Italian gardens looking it's best with beautifully layed out formal beds approx 1970.
In the background the Sun Lounge Cafe.
The building on the sea front was originally called the Esplanade Plaza in the 1940's and 50's.
It was renamed the Sun Lounge Cafe in the 60's, and finally in the late 70's it becameTeddy's Nightclub.
Outside the Sun Lounge c1960 Reproduced courtesy of Francis Frith.
Inside the Sunlounge c1960.
The Cavaliers perform in the Sunlounge in 1965. (picture from Butch Baker)
Sunlounge Cafe c1965 Reproduced courtesy of Francis Frith.
Richard Stead outside Teddy's.
Sadly, Teddy's Night Club closed down, and was completely destroyed by fire on the 25th July 2012.
Go to pictures of the Outdoor Pool